Monday, July 2, 2012
Mmmmkay. So here is a breakdown of my day.
1. I slept through my alarms.
2. My roommate had to wake me up 15 minutes before we had to leave for class. (Does that sound vaguely familiar, Leah???)
3. Took the bus to school and got placed in our classes.
4. I went to this one bank to get money exchanged and had an incredibly rude encounter with a security guard. So I shook the dust off my feet and went to the bank across the street--in which the employees were incredibly nice and everso helpful.
5. Then I went home and filmed a video giving the tour of my house...which I will post whenever I feel like opening my computer and hooking it up to a power adapter.
6. I went to the grocery store and spent wayyyyy too much money for not enough items.
And just on a side note, stuff is actually pretty expensive. Like some things are mere cents to the dollar, but food can be equal to or more expnsive then in the States.
7. Then I was running super late for lunch at school because of going to the grocery store. So I rushed and took the bus to school only to find out that my lunch was later because of being in a specialized program.
8. I went to several hours of Spanish instruction with two different instructions. The first professor was exactly like Dr. Verbois. He looked like him, used to be a lawyer, is presently a professor of philosophy at a university, and he had us discuss the problems and benefits of Arizona's illegal immigration laws. This guy even lectured and utilized the chalkboard in the exact same manner. 'Twas hysterical. The second professor was really into all the social and cultural aspects of the world. We talked about dancing, must see destinations all over the world, and all the amazing and diverse local barrios (neighborhoods) and attractions in buenos aires. He also informed our class that the dance parties don't begin until 3am. Seriously, if you show up to the establishment at 12:30am, no one will be there. In sum, Los porteƱos party until the sun starts to rise. But they also do not start work until about 10am, so it all evens out.
9. Then I just took the bus home and shoved a peanut butter (which is almost impossible to find and suuuuuuper expensive) and nutella sandwich in my mouth...and then I just gave in and ate nutella straight out of the jar. Yep. I'm that girl.
10. And, now, I'm just sitting in my living room watching Law and Order whilst typing this post.
It's been a good day :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
FAIL. Google will not let me be anonymous. Oh well, for you I will allow myself to come back on the grid for a brief moment.
ReplyDeleteHahaha. Sounds like you had a pretty hilarious day!!! Remember....THE BRITISH IZ COMINGSSSS. Stay away from the Falklands!
Hahaha. Josh, it is pretty much impossible to stay completely off the grid. I tried it as well and discovered that the Internet continually beckons you to return to its addictive grasp....
ReplyDeleteYuck! Nutella?!? Gross!
ReplyDeleteHeyyyyy now. Neutella is the most wonderfully addictive chocolate-y spread in todo el mundo
ReplyDeleteMmmmm yummmy
ReplyDelete