So, Jane , Luisa, Jussier, Elaine, Milton, and myself spent the ENTIRE day walking around the city. We met at El Ateneo at 9:30, we took the subte (the metro) to Plaza Italia---which was the first time I rode the subway in my entire life. Then, we went to the botanical garden, an over-priced mexican place for lunch, and the rose garden. We were going to go to the zoo, but is just kept filling up with people and the price was raised because it is independence day in Argentina. Then, we walked by the Japanese garden, passed the US Embassy, went to see this GIGANTIC mechanical flower, passed the law school (which was astoundingly beautiful and had impressively tall pillars supporting the roof), walked down the street that contained TONS of embassies from other nations, took a respite at a gas station, walked some more, went to the Recoletta Cemetary, saw Evita's mosuleum, walked through an open air market/plaza festival, stopped by the mall for some McDonal's, then we made our way home.
Now, the plan is to nap for like two hours before the lovely Brazilians come over to my house to make a communal dinner and play Extreme Spoons.
So, now I'm off to bed because we walked for about 5 or 6 hours all over the city today. And, I am consequently exhausted.
Nevertheless, despite the tiredness sinking into my limbs, I had a wonderfully lovely day :)
....I'll post pictures eventually.
No comments:
Post a Comment