Thursday, July 5, 2012
Fact #1: I don't think I am ever going to be completely satisfied living in the United States again.
Fact 2: everyone in Buenos Aires thinks that I rock my Vibrams.
Fact 3: I went salsa dancing while wearing them last night...and I'll probably wear them again when we go out dancing again tonight.
Fact 4: Los Porteños LOVE music from the States.
Fact 5: the popular clothing is a mix of super hipster items and 70's style clothing
Fact 6: it is sooooooo cold down here right now.
Fact 7: I get an average of 4-5 hours of sleep per night.
Fact 8: there is this one step on the staircase at school that is higher than all the rest, and I trip on it whilst carrying coffee every day (well...3/4 of the days)
Fact 9: it is incredibly hard to find peanut butter down here, but there is a quarter of an isle dedicated to marmalade in the grocery stores.
Fact 10: I walk EVERYWHERE. it's just so dang great.
Fact 11: ALL of my classes are conducted entirely in Spanish, including the two hour legal lectures.
Fact 12: McDonald's in Buenos Aires are PHENOMENAL and super duper clean and classy. They are like really really nice cafes.
Fact 13: I went to this incredible theater-turned-bookstore/cafe two days ago http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/El_Ateneo
Fact 14: I went to this amazing museum all about the history of Buenos Aires today with my housemate Jane and this incredibly awesome, super fun and spontaneous woman who works at school named Andrea. And, we had this wonderful lady who gave us a tour. She was just so nice. She gave a very comprehensive tour of the museum and told us that her daughter was in law school, just like Jane and I will be in a short time. http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Museo_Histórico_de_Buenos_Aires_Cornelio_de_Saavedra
Fact 15: Yesterday, it rained and my feet were soaked and extra cold...as was the rest of me. Thus, I am going shopping at the outlets tomorrow because I need boots and warmer clothes.
Fact 16: I am making friends with and meeting really incredibly people from all over the world and the United States. People are from California, Hawaii , Kansas, Georgia, Arizona, Brazil, Uruguay, Holland, Germany, England, and etc...
Fact 17: the Spanish and Law program I am in is comprised of myself and my two housemates, Leah and Jane. Leah recently changed from the one way track of being a lawyer and in pursuing a different calling. And, she just finished up a job as a grant writer and is currently writing online journal articles for this company. Jane is going to be a lawyer. She has the same birthday as me, has exact same taste in guys as me, likes dancing as much as I do, and etc...basically it is incredibly freaky/ironic that I came to Argentina and am roommates with a girl who is incredibly similar to my best friend at home (and even has the same name) and a girl who is incredibly similar to me. It is a small small world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I want one!!!!!!
ReplyDelete