Friday, August 3, 2012

Ok, so tomorrow I'm going home. And, honestly, I'm really sad. A part of my heart is going to be left down here. I had so many wonderful and incredibly special memories that were created here. I really don't want this period in my life to end. But, just as all things have a beginning, they also have an end. But, I guess the endings allow the memories to be held more dearly in my heart. The ending makes you appreciate all the life building experiences that occur in the middle. The ending makes you appreciate the substance that engenders your daily life: the way a person laughs, a particular expression, the scent of a particular smell that triggers a sentimental memory, a new perspective, the comfort of good company, the attainment of new and solid friendships, and etcetera.

I can't even begin to express just how life changing this experience was. My views and my approach to life radically altered, and yet, my beliefs and principles became so firmly established within my heart. Finally, I feel like the person that I am meant to be. Finally, I truly feel like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment