Well, this is my very first blog post. Hurray.
Thus, I would just like to dedicate this post to the explaination of the events leading up to my trip to Argentina and to my present career goals...
During the fall of 2011, I was rather at a loss for what to do during the summer after my junior year in college (i.e. Summer 2012). I had several options, none of which were satisfying. So, I prayed and just told the Lord that I was trusting that He would make everything line up. During this process, I attended a program at Regent School of Law that talked about their Center for Global Justice, Human Rights, and the Rule of Law. I found out that the Center for Global Justice places law students all over the world, specifically in developing countries, to function as legal advocates for the oppressed and voiceless (i.e. victims of sexual trafficking, orphans, people who are denied religious freedom, and etc). After hearing this presentation, I became increasingly interested in the Center’s mission. As a result of prayer and a lot of thought, I decided that I want to pursue a career in international law, specifically in relation to Latin America. Therefore, one day, I sincerely hope to utilize my legal training to act as an advocate within Latin America, fighting for the victimized who have been denied their voice and, in many cases, their personhood.
Then in December, after praying and waiting for an answer regarding my summer plans, I was contacted by this organization called ECELA—which is a Spanish language school located in Buenos Aires, Argentina. They had found my name in the Regent University database, and then ECELA informed me that they wanted me to participate in a selective “Legal Spanish” program designated for 30 students from all over the world. The Legal Spanish program—lasting from July 1, 2012 to August 11, 2012—focuses on Spanish language immersion and the study of Argentinean law. Therefore, every weekday during the six-week program, I would be spending four hours each morning studying Spanish language, conversation, and grammar, and every afternoon I would be spending four hours in legal seminars—which are completely conducted in Spanish. Furthermore, I would get college credit for going. In sum, this summer program will benefit me in so many ways. Academically, the number of classes that I have to take during my last year at school will be reduced by three. Responsibility wise, my course work burden will be much lighter—which is especially important because I will be employed by my university as a Residential Assistant, I will be the Team Captain of the Regent Undergraduate Debate Associate, I will be participating in the undergraduate Moot Court competition during the fall semester, and I will be writing my senior thesis. But most importantly, participating in the Legal Spanish program will dramatically increase my Spanish fluency rate and my familiarly with Latin American legal systems—which is critical to my future involvement in the Center for Global Justice and to my desire to practice law internationally.
Furthermore, the Lord provided every single thing that I needed regarding this trip--all the way from the perfect purse to the plain ticket to etcetera! Literally, the Lord made a way for EVERYTHING to be completely paid for and for me to have enought money to spend while I'm down there.
Needless to say, this whole experience caused me to set my eyes upon to Lord, seeing Him as my faithful Father who provides for all of my needs, no matter how small or how great. And, honestly, I am just so incredibly grateful because none of this would have been a possibility withough His guidance and intervention!
Ahhh! Katie Nace, I am beyond excited for you. The way that God moves is always one to be in awe of, but this whole process goes above and beyond. You have my prayers and encouragement the entire way. Be safe deary!
ReplyDeleteI know, right? If i actually ever wore socks they would have been blown off by now :P
ReplyDelete